Freshly Squeezed Bites, Issue 1
August 14, 2021
Welcome to the very first issue of Freshly Squeezed Bites! I started Torie & Howard to bring a little goodness to the world and I’m equally excited to brighten up your inbox each month. I can’t wait to share more about my wellness journey, love of food (especially candy), and ideas for living the sweetest life possible.
I started Torie & Howard in partnership with my foodie friend, Howard, during a time when we were both focused on improving our diets. Howard was on a weight loss journey and I was freeing my diet from food allergens. Both of us were craving better-for-you candy that we could feel good about eating, so it was time to make it happen!
Torie & Howard was born from our desire to enjoy the best parts of life while still championing wellness, and Freshly Squeezed Bites is an extension of that hope. Stay tuned each month for inspiration, tasty recipes, and good vibes.
Torie & Howard Fruity Candy Popsicles
These super yummy and colorful popsicles feature melted down Sour Cherry, Sour Berry and Sour Apple candies from Torie & Howard. Our organic candy makes for excellent summer treats and is filled with Vitamin C for a tasty immune boost. See below for everything you’ll need to make these fruit candy popsicles!
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup coconut water
- 1/2 cup frozen fruit or fresh juice
- A large handful of Torie & Howard Organic Chewie Fruities
- Melt candies in a non-stick pan on low./li>
- Mix together the coconut milk, coconut water, and frozen fruit/fruit juice. Add the melted candies.
- Puree the entire mixture until smooth. *Note: when you add the melted candies to the liquid mixture, the candies will re-harden. This is fine! Everything smooths back out once pureed.
- Add the mixture to a popsicle mold (if you don’t have popsicle molds, you can use 5oz paper cups).
- Freeze for 2 hours and add your skewers, then freeze an additional 4 hours. Enjoy and give our friend @lunchwiththeseasons a follow!
Find Inspo Through a Mindful Summer Bucket List
Oh hey, fancy seeing you here! Welcome to the 4th Issue of Freshly Squeezed Bites.
BOO! It’s officially fall, ya’ll! Bust out the boots and sweaters and prepare for one heck of an autumn experience.
A fresh season can stir up nostalgia and make us reflect on the past season or set goals for the next, but I say we bask…